Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Being Indian, Is it worthy pride???

India the land of snake charmers, corrupt politicians, ineffective administrators and people of all class, either communally divided or divided by poverty and richness. The country were majority of citizens are below the age of 30. The country with a lot of potential, un able to fulfill any. Brightest and smartest of the society either aspire to migrate to foreign land or try to take advantage of the loop holes in the society to lead a immoral living. Is it worth to be proud about our were everything in the society needs a over haul.
I met a long lost friend who has lived in shanghai the business capital of China. He made a very interesting companion, telling me about the life in Shanghai, the development which the country has gone through under able and effective administrators who prioritize the infrastructure development over everything. He also spoke about Beijing Olympics, how effective and swift the organization committee was in putting this mega spectacle for the world to see. With every word he sounded more like a Chinese then an Indian and even I was tempted to complain and crib about how ineffective and anarchical our administration system’s are. After a long chat and thought he asked me "why I still deeply love this country?" I was completely numb trying to find an answer and then I realized the reason. I was determined to let him know, my side of the story. After a long pause I told him that I still love this country because at least I am allowed to complain against all these.
Is being Indian, worthy pride? Yes it is, with all its problems and inadequacy around us, we are still enjoying the freedom for which our fore fathers sacrificed their lives. I would never compromise my freedom for any amount of development, so are many in this country.

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger